Leidos Safety and Occupational Health Engineer (PCAPP) in PUEBLO, Colorado
Leidos has an opening for a Safety and Occupational Health Engineer to support the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) program. The successful candidate will support the PCAPP Field Office (FO) Project Manager by providing technical input to the government FO in the areas of laboratory occupational health and safety issues.
The Safety and Occupational Health engineer (SOHE) will perform document reviews, technical research, and provide technical input associated with the SC activities to provide the necessary information for the Government to perform their oversight mission. The SOHE will perform project related safety and occupational health activities as specified by the SPM or Government SME for the functional area. The following activities are included as typical work efforts but can vary based on the project’s needs.
• Review the SC’s plans and procedures for compliance with programmatic and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) requirements. The result of this review shall be provided as technical input to the Government to support their oversight mission.
• Review safety and occupational health documents to assure their compliance with SOPs, training documents, design changes, and ECPs. These reviews are intended to ensure proper configuration management control procedures are being followed. Additionally, the SOHE will become familiar with the various site risk assessment and site safety plans. This includes the annual Multi-Pathway Health Risk Assessment, and the Site Safety Submission.
• The SOHE will attend and participate in meetings that address safety and occupational health issues and engage in dialogue providing technical input and expertise during the meetings. The Government anticipates monthly meetings, at a minimum.
• The SOHE will verify that the SC is providing ongoing evaluation and support (self-reporting) for maintaining OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Status.
• The SOHE will provide technical input to the Government of the SC’s work activities to assure compliance with approved safety plans, PEO ACWA directives, and approved procedures.
• The SOHE will document technical input in the designated database and issues identified elevated to the DSPM and/or SPM for determination.
The successful candidate may be required to perform confined space entries and inspections on elevated platforms. If required, personnel will attend site-specific training for confined space entries and fall protection.
Bachelor’s (4 year) degree in engineering or a health related discipline
Certified safety professional
5+ years’ experience in occupational health and safety in a hazardous chemical waste operation
3+ years’ experience with Army safety policies and regulations
Ability to be approved for a government security clearance
Completion of Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification
Experience in review and assessment of management systems to assure safety compliance
Experience in behavior based safety, safety auditing and OSHA VPP STAR certification program
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.