Albertsons Part Time Pharmacy Intern-Safeway-Littleton, CO in LITTLETON, Colorado
Safeway, a division of Albertsons Companies, is an innovative industry leader in community pharmacy practice. Our professional, state-of-the-art Wellness Centers and ever-expanding scope of patient care services are a reflection of our commitment to providing an environment for our pharmacists to thrive at the top of their profession.
Safeway pharmacies provide the opportunity for interns to gain pharmacy practice skills in a progressive environment that supports world-class patient care. Our success is the result of exceptional pharmacy teams who provide more personal care by impacting patients' health care.
Pharmacy students currently enrolled in a professional pharmacy program will have the opportunity to concentrate on patient counseling, customer service, over the counter medications, immunization training, MTM, specialty drug administration and disease state management.
Our pharmacy interns:
- Performs all duties under the supervision of a registered pharmacist or designated pharmacist preceptor
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Offers advice and consultation to customers and health care professionals regarding prescription knowledge, drug therapy, and health related products and concerns
- Implements company initiatives to increase pharmacy profitability
- Actively participates in clinical services
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited school of pharmacy
- Must hold a valid state intern license if required by the state of employment
- Ability to readily and positively adapt to changes in schedule specifications, and work priorities as the business and customer needs demand
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team
With more than 1,700 pharmacies nationwide, the Albertsons Companies, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with both a strong local presence and national scale. We operate stores across 35 states and the District of Columbia under 18 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market and Carrs. Join us in making a difference in the lives of our patients, customers, and communities.
Albertsons Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled