3D Systems, Inc. Manufacturing Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
The manufacturing engineer is responsible for a wide variety of tasks related to the manufacture of products by 3D printers in the direct metal printing department. This role will be critical to the development, continuing operation, and improvement of manufacturing processes in a fast paced contract manufacturing organization. Responsibilities include consulting with customers on manufacturability for new projects, reducing cost, increasing yield, identifying areas for improvement, implementing new advanced manufacturing technologies, performing complaint investigations, performing root cause failure investigations, and ensuring efficient and effective transfer of projects to production.
· Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
· Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on platform or derivative projects.
· Designs and develops manufacturing procedures, tooling, and fixtures that result in sufficient capacity to meet customer demand and requirements while also promoting process efficiency and operator safety.
· Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM’s, Routers, FMEA’s, etc.)
· Assists in identifying process needs on the production floor and evaluates internal and external options for sourcing equipment or services.
· Prepares and presents technical data and recommendations at technical reviews.
· Writes and reviews validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes.
· Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the project development team.
· Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
· Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and engineers and may train manufacturing personnel when required.
· Maintains product performance and quality by leading or assisting with issues relating to CAPAs, customer complaints and manufacturing processes, such as:
o Non-conformance investigation and root cause analysis
o CAPA resolution
o Regulatory compliance
o Product Design Verification and Design Validation
o Design changes
o Test methods and tooling design
o Utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement.
· BS in Engineering and 3 years of regulated industry experience
· Experience in aerospace strongly preferred
· 3 years of demonstrated process development / improvement activities including equipment validations and process characterizations
· Knowledge of additive and traditional manufacturing processes and equipment including machining, turning, grinding, blasting, EDM, cleaning, heat treating, etching, etc.
· Demonstrated cross functional teamwork in technically demanding environment
· Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Management System
· Occasional travel of up to 20%
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition ID: 180000E8