Lockheed Martin Advanced Manufacturing Senior Scientist in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are looking for a Research & Development engineer or scientist in Advanced Manufacturing. This position will lead Advanced Manufacturing R&D for Lockheed Martin Space Advanced Technology Center (ATC). This "leader with vision" position will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of projects to include both internally and externally funded R&D. We will look to you to reach across industry and academia to build relationships and discover new technologies. You will be expected to represent Lockheed Martin Space and the ATC at industry conferences and symposia and to build relationships with DoD, NASA, and other government R&D funding centers. In addition, you will build an active, externally funded research and development portfolio in Advanced Manufacturing.
Typically has 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree or 9 years of professional experience with a related PhD.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Advanced degree with a focus in Additive Manufacturing, Metallurgy, or Advanced Manufacturing Processes.
• Demonstrated experience in advanced manufacturing technologies for spacecraft, aircraft, missiles, rockets and/or ground-based systems for aerospace applications.
• Demonstrated experience with the state of the art in additive manufacturing for titanium, aluminum and other metals for aerospace applications.
• Documented record of developing, winning, and managing a portfolio of advanced manufacturing R&D projects.
• Experience in ICME and digital manufacturing.
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
• Demonstrated experience as a senior scientist in additive manufacturing for aerospace
• Established relationships with Air Force, Navy, MDA, NASA and other government manufacturing R&D centers
• Recognized as a subject matter expert in advanced manufacturing through publication, participation in professional societies, and serving on professional committees
• Experience with data analytics and/or machine learning as applied to AM processes
• Knowledge of aerospace product lifecycles
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.