life care Social Services Assistant Social Worker/Admissions in Lakewood, Colorado
The Social Services Assistant provides assistance to the Social Services department to ensure all medically related emotional and social needs of patients are met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
Prior health care experience preferred Specific Job Requirements:
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training Essential Functions:
Must be able to assist with the social services program to meet the medically related social and emotional needs of patients as well as Federal, State, corporate, and division guidelines
- Must be able to document appropriately and timely, according to State law
- Must be able to assist social worker(s) in supporting patients and families through education, financial planning assistance, liaison with community agencies, etc.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language An Equal Opportunity Employer