Vivage Senior Living Communities Occupational Therapist in Holly, Colorado
- Are you passionate about being a part of a team?
- Do you like helping and caring for others?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality care?
- Do you effectively communicate with people? At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage” means celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING WITH US Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of the Occupational Therapist (OT) is to plan, delegate and provide safe and competent occupational therapy interventions as ordered by physician. In this role, you are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Resident Care Duties:
- Provide occupational therapy assessments as well as develop and implement individualized treatment plans to increase client’s independence and functioning
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants, provisional licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards
- Identify need to make referrals to other disciplines to address the comprehensive care needs of the client
- Demonstrate competent technical skills according to current Occupational Therapy standards of practice
- Communicate changes in resident’s condition
- Participate in collaborative care conferences
- Participate in discharge and community mobility planning
- Prescribe necessary durable medical equipment to facilitate independence
- Provide accurate and timely billing records and supervise supporting clinical documentation
- Respond to family requests and concerns timely
- Coordinate and provide training with Restorative Nursing and other Care staff
- Assure resident abuse or neglect does not occur
- Provide education and training to patient, caregiver, and community partners
- Observe confidentiality and safeguards for all patient information
- Assist with training and education of facility and professional partners
- Perform screening rounds as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to assess for client needs and environmental safety
- Provide recommendations to Director of Rehab and other team members opportunities for business improvement, safety concerns or other updates
- Participation in OT/OTA student development and educational programs
- Ensure compliance with mandatory education, training and competency programs
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and tour readiness of the therapy department
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required
- Previous experience and knowledge to provide appropriate care in post acute or long term care environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of current Colorado occupational therapy practices and procedures including laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities
- Current, unencumbered, active Colorado Occupational Therapy License (required)
- Current NBCOT certification
CPR as requested EDUCATION:
Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Program by AOTA
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.