Microsoft Corporation Optical Engineer in Fort Collins, Colorado
We are looking for an Optical Engineer for the HoloLens Camera Modules Team to design a variety of different types of miniature cameras and illumination systems . Of particular value is a candidate with diverse experience in lens design or camera design who has the creativity and passion to solve unusual problems in a complex product.
• Working with system architects defining product requirements and constraints.
• Setting optical specifications and running optical simulations to test concepts.
• Tolerancing prototypes and final design
• Simulating stray light in a complex optical system, and testing stray light when prototypes come back.
• Working with lens vendors, camera module vendors, and image sensor vendors.
• Work with the engineering team to develop any unique manufacturing processes at the contract manufacturer
• Work closely with the engineering and PM team for camera module design.
• Develop intellectual property related to camera packaging solutions
• Participate in environmental and reliability tests
It is expected the candidate will work across functional teams like program management, mechanical engineering, optical engineering, and software.
· MS Optical Engineering, MS Physics or PhD or equivalent with experience in one or more of ProE, Solidworks, Matlab, Zemax, Fred, or equivalent modeling tools.
· 5+ years experience developing cameras.
· Logical and creative thinker
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work with engineers and managers across multiple functions.
· Ability to travel internationally
· Ability to work across disciplines, including the ability to work with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software algorithm developers, manufacturing engineers, managers, reliability, and vendors.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.