VCA Hospital Manager in Fort Collins, Colorado
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Fort Collins Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited, full-service small animal practice in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado.
We are seeking a highly experienced Veterinary Client Service professional to join our leadership team as Hospital Manager.
The role demands a leader with the interpersonal and organizational skills to continue achieving our goals of delivering excellent patient care and customer service to both our clients and referring veterinarians.
The successful candidate will have experience in Human Resource and personnel management, Marketing, and Business development. Your strong financial and operational acumen will be put to good use!
The Hospital Manager—under the guidance of the Regional Management team and in partnership with the Medical Director—performs a wide range of administrative activities related to the practice. This includes: mentoring the staff and overseeing the business operations and maintenance of the facility; ensuring the business growth and profitability of the practice; and supporting the hospital’s mission of delivering high quality patient care and exceptional client service.
Skills and Qualifications
• 2 to 3 years of customer service and financial budget management experience.
• Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
• The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
• Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
• Oversee the hiring, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of professional staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Regional Management team.
• Review the P&L Report monthly and partner with the Hospital Medical Director to increase revenue and limit expenses; work with home office to prepare and submit the yearly budget (budget forecast, operating plan, cap-ex expenditures) and participate in the evaluation process with Regional Management team.
• Model an “owner” mentality in hospital by demonstrating a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
• Minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Supervise the administration and case review of client medical complaints.
• Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!