HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Histotechnologist in Englewood, Colorado
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians. Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic traumaprovider and is the south metro Denver area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish. Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
* Performs a variety of Technical Procedures in Histology.
* Able to perform department clerical duties with accuracy and efficiency.
* Responsible for the production of routine and special Histology Tests, Stains and slides.
* Responsible for producing high quality microscopic slides.
* Responsible for following all quality and regulatory standards in performing tasks.
* Responsible for maintaining effective communication between coworkers and management.
* Actively participates in staff meeting as scheduled.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Exercises good judgment in conflict resolution.
* Responsible for maintaining the necessary levels of confidentiality.
* Other duties as assigned.
ASCP certification or eligible preferred.
AS or BS degree in related sciences preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years experience that demonstrates the knowledge and expertise necessary.
* Working knowledge of all Histology procedures-Embedding, Microtomy, Tissue Processing, Fixation, Decalcification, Routine and Special Staining, and Immunohistochemistry.
* Familiar with all equipment in the Histology Laboratiory.
* Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments or refers to appropriate sources for repairs.
* Good communication skills. *Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * * Able to embed 75 blocks an hour.
* Able to cut 50 slides an hour.
* Able to perform H&E stain with consistent results.
* Able to perform all special stains and IHC procedures without unnecessary repeats.
* Able to cut and stain frozen section in 5 minutes.
* Able to perform all cytology slide preparation work.
* Able to order pathology specimens accurately and efficiently.
* Able to provide quick, accurate customer service.
* Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
* Able to adjust to changing workload.
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-75932