HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Histotechnologist in Englewood, Colorado
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Histotechnologist.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Swedish Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
At HCA/HealthONE we recognize the important role our Lab Departments play in our success. HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Histotechnologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Histotechnologist with us:
- You will perform a variety of technical procedures in Histology
- You will produce routine and special Histology tests, stains and slides
- You will produce high quality microscopic slides
- You will provide quality service, a safe, accurate, timely testing for neonates through adolescence, and the adult and geriatric patients in the Laboratory in compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, and CLIA 88 Standards
- You will integrate current scientific knowledge with technical competency, which relates to the Pathology Department
- You will continuously strive to improve clinical testing, confidence and knowledge through formal and informal education
- You will be knowledgeable of age-related (neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics) quality of patient care
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- H.T. (ASCP) certification or eligible preferred
- Two year Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience that demonstrates the knowledge and expertise necessary
- Working knowledge of all Histology procedures-Embedding, Microtomy, Tissue Processing, Fixation, Decalcification, Routine and Special Staining, and Immunohistochemistry
- Familiar with all equipment in the Histology Laboratiory
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments or refers to appropriate sources for repairs
- Good communication skills
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recruiter: Tami Hewitt Email: Tamera.Hewitt@HCAHealthcare.com Text/Call: 303-229-0607
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-90710