HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director, Emergency Services FSED - Swedish Medical Center - Englewood, CO in Englewood, Colorado
The *Director Emergency Services FSED *provides oversight to ancillary departments such as Imaging, Lab, Admitting, Security, Environmental Services, and Support Services. Candidates will have a high level of business acumen in an operation setting. Assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in one or more FSEDs and/or other departments assigned.
Service • Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
People • Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
Quality • Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
Finance • Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Growth • Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
Community • Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree Nursing Required
• Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred
• 3 years of experience in emergency services Required
• 3 years of experience in a leadership role Preferred
or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. Required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) Required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: • Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred Required
• Reference HCA LEADS
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director, Emergency Services FSED - Swedish Medical Center - Englewood, CO
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-73517