HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telemetry Technician in Denver, Colorado
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Salary Estimate: $15.40-$19.52/hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range. Learn more about ouremployee benefits.
FT, PT, Day and Night shifts available at the following HCA hospitals:
Sky Ridge Swedish Presbyterian St. Luke's North Suburban
_ Position Summary: _
The monitor technician monitors patient’s ECG waveforms, ETCO2, and continuous pulse oximetry (spO2) from a centralized monitoring room. The monitor technician supports nursing personnel by continuous observation of ECG, ETCO2, and spO2. The monitor technician provides the ability for immediate alert of the RN of alarms and watches for subtle monitor and parameter changes that may occur prior to critical events. The monitor technician notifies the primary RN or charge RN when patient parameters and waveforms are outside of established parameters. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- · Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias
- · Reports all significant changes in heart rate, rhythm, ETCO2 values, and de-saturations to the primary RN or charge RN on the unit in accordance to unit guidelines.
- · Maintains all telemetry supplies.
- · Documents patient condition in the computer documentation system at required intervals.
- · Performs all duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- · Orients and Mentors new staff.
- · Demonstrates full knowledge of all parameter value limits (critical high and low) and ECG changes that warrant notification of RN.
- · Prints rhythm strips on admission, every shift, and with changes for all ECG monitored patients , interprets, and provides to units for RN co-signature.
- · Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
- · Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- · Additional duties as assigned. HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region.· *North Suburban Medical Center:* Level III Trauma Center, 157 licensed beds · *Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children:* Level II Trauma Center, 680 licensed beds · *Sky Ridge Medical Center:* Level II Trauma, 274 licensed beds · *Swedish Medical Center:* Level I Trauma, 408 licensed beds
* **Position Requirements:*
*You are:* Passionate about helping others * Reliable and Team- orientated * Excited to work in a fast-paced environment * Organized and can provide exceptional customer service * Able to read and speak English
Qualifications you will need for this role:* HS Diploma or GED required * 1 year of Telemetry skills and interpretation of rhythm strips preferred * BLS Certification through the American Heart Association or Red Cross required * CNA and/or EMT Certification preferred * At least 1 year of Hospital experience preferred We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs and employee stock purchase programs. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Telemetry Technician
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-TeleTechs