HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telemetry Technician - Nights in Denver, Colorado
Successful completion of Basic EKG course is required
Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to "serve the need of every creed." By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world. Awards and Honors Rose is honored to be recognized by several national organizations, including being rated as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, one of six hospitals recognized nationwide for Outstanding Nursing Quality by the American Nurses Association and being a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Our staff at Rose, we take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families.
Why Choose Rose?
• Top 100 Hospital, as ranked by Truven Analytics
• Colorado’s first Pathway to Excellence hospital, which recognizes us for creating a positive work environment where nurses can excel
• Joint Commission Top Performer for surgical care
• Joint Commission Accreditation for Spine, Hip, Knee and Stroke Programs
• Colorado’s only Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology
• 23 OR’s with wide variety of cases including a strong Ortho/Spine and Heart/vascular focus
• 2 da Vinci surgical robots
• Regularly recognized “Top Docs” in Denver, including specialists in gynecology, orthopedics and spine, cardiovascular surgery, endocrine surgery, bariatric surgery and colorectal surgery
• Dedicated, multi-disciplinary OR team*Position Summary:*Performs clerical and receptionist duties in accordance with the mission and values of Rose Medical Center. The*Telemetry Tech*monitors and reports patients’ cardiac rhythms and other monitored vital signs. The*Telemetry Tech*may rotate to other than his/ her normally assigned department and will perform only those duties for which he/ she has demonstrated competencies. Performs duties in the care of GERIATRIC AND ADULT patients. *Position Requirements:* * * *A. ** Licensure/Certification/Registration:*Current BLS certification through American Heart Association. *B. **Education:*Successful completion of a basic dysrhythmia course (EKG)*REQUIRED*. *C. **Experience:*Health care facility, Unit Secretary, and Cardiac monitoring experience highly preferred. *D. **Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates good organizational skills.* Sufficient knowledge of medical and technical terms to accurately transcribe physician orders and complete requisitions. Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Competent skills to operate monitor systems and computer. Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms, heart rate, and arrhythmias and communicate abnormalities to nurses and physicians. *Degree of Supervision Required:*Under supervision of Registered Nurse. *Orientation Period:*Minimum of one week contingent upon experience.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Telemetry Technician - Nights
Location: Colorado-Denver-Rose Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03216-74334