Vivage Senior Living Communities Resident Services Director in Denver, Colorado
Resident Services Director:
- Do you effectively communicate with people?
- Are you passionate about people’s overall health and well-being?
- Are you an individual who takes responsibility and follows through?
- Do you naturally love to care for people? At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage” means celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Social Services Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Plan, develop, maintain, evaluate, and direct the social service programs of the community
- Assist in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family
- Manage discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments
- Involve the resident and family in planning social service programs when necessary
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident
- Participate in the admission, discharge, MDS coordination, etc of the department
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Interview residents, or family members, as necessary to obtain social history.
- Develop and maintain a community and social services file of agencies and organizations and organizations that provide assistance to residents.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such a report to the Administrator.
- Keep current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Administrator as required; assure that resident notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
- Train and mentor activity personnel as necessary
- Schedule department working hours.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
Perform all other duties, as requested SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures
Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human service field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology. Masters degree preferred
- Experience in activities and leisure related programming preferred Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer