Aveanna Outreach Diet Technician in Denver, Colorado
Outreach Diet Technician
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Denver, CO 80239
This position works closely with the sales and operations teams to identify and screen referral sources in rural markets that may benefit from outreach inside sales calls. The outreach diet technician will conduct calls to high potential accounts; educating them on Aveanna Healthcare Medical Solutions product lines and services with the goal of developing relationships that will result in new referrals. Sales incentives are achievable for meeting pre-determined goals. They will document sales activity in Brightree and other sales tracking platforms. They will provide excellent customer service to referral sources and manage orders to ensure a smooth delivery of service to patients and providers. General duties include reviewing clinical documents, completing therapy prescriptions forms, and performing calculations. This position may also help with routine office duties such as faxing and scanning of documents, ordering supplies and answering customer phone calls.
Essential Job Functions
• Market research in outreach states/territories
• Making outbound calls to providers including physician offices, WIC clinics, hospitals, and community medical clinics. Will be required to track calls and strive to hit call volume expectations
• Review clinical documents, prescriptions and other information to help with the coordination of new enteral referrals
• Perform or assist with formula prescription calculations to ensure appropriate delivery of enteral supplies
• Assist Registered Dietitian per branch standard of care- identify patients that may require additional follow-up
• Respond to patient questions and concerns as needed
• Track outreach referral volume
• Document all correspondence with physicians, patients, or caregivers in Brightree
• Assist Registered Dietitian with special projects such as formula pricing, coding, spreadsheets, reimbursement issues, and formula volume calculation info sheets
• Support the Aveanna mission and culture by demonstrating our core values; compassion, team integrity, accountability, trust, innovation compliance and fun.
• Adhere to the Aveanna Compliance Program, including following all regulatory, Aveanna and accrediting agency policy requirements.
• Maintain the skills and qualifications necessary to provide or support quality care, including attendance at company-wide educational programs.
• Responsible for submitting accurate time and attendance records and following proper procedures for reporting and making corrections to attendance records.
• Responsible for harmonious interactions with coworkers and customers, including patients, medical office staff, vendors and the general public.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Company’s policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position.
Minimum Education: Associate degree as a diet technician that is accredited by ACEND.
4-year degree in nutritional science or dietetics is also acceptable
Minimum Experience: 1 to 2 years of clinical experience and/or inside sales experience
Required Certification/ License:
Preferred Certification/ License: Registered Diet Technician
Special Skills: Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Word and Excel. Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail. Excellent phone skills and general communication skills both written and verbal. Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team. Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.