HSS Inc Full-Time - Industrial Hygienist - Denver, CO in Denver, Colorado
This position reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and reports findings in order to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. May conduct inspections in adherence to client policies, HSS policies, and laws and regulations governing health and safety.
This position requires that the employee work a schedule that meets customer needs and customer scheduling. Often, that means working late in the evenings and very early in the mornings-when operating rooms and labs are shut down. Once acclimated to the job, the employee is responsible for setting their own schedule. Occasional in-office time is required for meetings and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs environmental monitoring for clients.
- Conducts environmental monitoring surveys including waste anesthetic gas, ethylene oxide waste gas, air monitoring, ventilation monitoring, fungi/mold/bacteria/viral monitoring, noise monitoring, and water quality monitoring.
- Prepares detailed and timely reports.
- Immediately alerts management of environmental conditions or activities that pose threats to the health and safety of workers, patients, and others.
- Provides input on measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Schedules work with clients.
- Researches complex projects.
- Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work-related activities.
- Assists the Senior Industrial Hygienist with complex Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) investigations.
- Provides all other support as requested by the manager.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, medical personnel, and patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with marketing projects.
- Develops training presentations.
- Stays abreast of changes in environmental monitoring technology.
- Provides input in the hiring and supervising of other employees.
- Bachelors Degree of Science or related field with a concentration in Industrial Hygiene preferred
- Minimum 1- 3years of direct work experience in environmental monitoring
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, industry standards, and codes and procedures regarding safety
- Previous experience with environmental testing equipment such as gas spectrophotometers, thermoanemometers, balometers, micrometers, air sampling trains, impactors, noise dosimeters, and sound level meters
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office software and ability to learn new software
- Ability to perform duties with judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to carry out on the job training for other service personnel
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert for particular equipment or instrument
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time while using various testing equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a hospital or medical environment. Will use a normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. May be required to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. Individuals may frequently be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals, and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. The individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
Our full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness.
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location.
*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation Range: $26.38 - $32.98
Compensation is determined by factors like training or experience, work history, geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled