HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Formula Technician PRN in Denver, Colorado
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.**Completion of the assessment sent to you after submitting your application is required to be considered for this position. Please complete this assessment as soon as possible.****
*Position Summary: *This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus of medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Formula Tech’s primary role is the preparation of human milk and the safe and sanitary production of infant formula to a level II-IV NICU and pediatric unit. The Tech is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of equipment within regulatory guidelines and sanitary maintenance of the preparation room. The Tech must interpret technical physician orders, ensure accurate dosing, maintain quality/safety, order supplies, and adhere to all policies/procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepares and delivers all infant feedings as ordered
- Utilizes independent thinking skills to verify new or questionable infant feeding orders with registered dietitian and nursing staff for accuracy and obtains standardized recipes as needed
- Uses correct and accurate technique to measure powders and liquids in an aseptic environment
- Stores prepared infant feedings properly until delivery to the patient area
- Delivers and confirms correct feedings with nursing staff
- Maintains daily records of patient profiles regarding infant feeding orders
- Updates patient feeding orders and to print labels; communicates with allied health care personnel regarding feeding orders
- Removes unused, previously prepared infant feedings from patient area refrigerators 24 hours after preparation time and discards according to established expiration protocols
- Inventories and maintains sufficient infant feeding room stock
- Prepares room with all infant feeding syringes, bottles, and other supplies as need to maintain adequate supply levels
- Ensure all supplies are unpacked before the end of shift while checking expiration dates on products
- Follows procedures for formula recalls at the direction of the supervisor
- Maintains sanitation in preparation area
- Cleans and sanitizes all work surfaces in the infant feeding preparation room before and after each feeding preparation
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage areas used in the infant feeding preparation room according to established procedures
- Follows aseptic technique
- Follows department and infection control policies regarding feeding handling
- Maintains daily appearance and personal hygiene according to departmental guidelines
- Reports to appropriate supervisor if ill
- Independently calculates new formulations or standardized recipes manually and obtain verification of those formulations with the registered dietitian, as needed per protocol
- Checks equipment for proper operation and reports problems to the appropriate supervisor
- Assists in training other employees in infant feeding preparation and proper handling techniques, as needed
- Communicates with registered dietitian, nurse, or unit manager regarding problems with feeding orders, formula storage, or administration
Performs additional duties as assigned which include: label and wash freezer/refrigerator bins, participate in process improvement projects, etc
Works independently to complete job duties in a fast paced environment.
- Prepares and delivers all infant feedings as ordered
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our twelve core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that P/SLMC creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. o We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual o We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness o We act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives. o We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity. *Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center,*located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO and licensed for 680 beds, PSL provides the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages. Since delivering our first baby in 1882 at *St. Luke’s Hospital*, we have focused on providing exceptional baby care. Today, *P/SL* offers the region’s most advanced maternal-fetal care, focusing on rare conditions that put mothers and their developing babies at high-risk. The Advanced Cardiac Center at *P/SL* is known as a major heart hospital, recognized several times over the American Heart Association for excellence and for its success in implementing a higher standard of cardiac care that effectively improves treatment of patients hospitalized for heart disease. While the tools are ever changing and our ability to care for patients is always advancing, one things remains constant - putting our patients first, with quality, respect, safety and teamwork.
_Facts at a Glance:_The *Rocky Mountain Hospitals for Children at P/SL's* 84-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the largest in the Region. * * *Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center* leaves a legacy of over 135 years of exceptional medical care
Over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians
Three Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer
The Joint Commission Accreditation
18-bed OR embraces diversity and learning
Robotics: 3 da Vinci Xi and 1 Medrobotics systems – least invasive surgery options
Experience:6 months related experience in formula room tech or infant pediatric formula preparation or combination experience preferred; ability to interpret technical procedures and execute aseptic techniques; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to organize and prioritize in a fast- paced setting; mathematical proficiency required (includes adding subtracting, multiplying and calculating percentages); excellent customer service skills and ability to work as a part of a healthcare team.
Special Qualifications: Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Up to date spreadsheet, word processing, and email knowledge. Ability to complete data entry and complete training in technical programs and applications.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Formula Technician PRN
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-96211