HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Donor Service Technician/ Part-time in Denver, Colorado
Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO, we provide the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
Since delivering our first baby in 1882 at St. Luke’s Hospital, we have focused on providing exceptional baby care. Today, P/SL offers the region’s most advanced maternal-fetal care, focusing on rare conditions that put mothers and their developing babies at high-risk. The Advanced Cardiac Center at P/SL is known as a major heart hospital, recognized several times over the American Heart Association for excellence and for its success in implementing a higher standard of cardiac care that effectively improves treatment of patients hospitalized for heart disease.
While the tools are ever changing and our ability to care for patients is always advancing, one things remains constant - putting our patients first, with quality, respect, safety and teamwork.
Facts at a Glance: The Rocky Mountain Hospitals for Children at P/SL's 84-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the largest in the Region. Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center leaves a legacy of over 135 years of exceptional medical care Over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians Three Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer The Joint Commission Accreditation 18-bed OR embraces diversity and learning Robotics: 3 da Vinci Xi and 1 Medrobotics systems – least invasive surgery options
_ *_ _ Position Summary_: *
- This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
- The Donor Service Tech provides quality testing, collection and processing for whole blood donors, apheresis donors and therapeutic whole blood phlebotomy in compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, AABB, FDA and CLIA Standards.
- He/she functions within the philosophy, policies and procedure of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, and represents the hospital within and outside the organization.
- A thorough understanding and application of apheresis platelet collection and whole blood collection.
- The laboratory employees must continuously strive to improve through formal and informal education.
- When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our twelve core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that P/SLMC creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
Education: High School diploma or GED/Medical Assistant Certification.
Experience: Experience in apheresis and whole blood donor collection is desired.
Special Qualifications: Must have excellent phlebotomy, customer service and communication skills.
Title: Donor Service Technician/ Part-time
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-79288