HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Dietary Technician in Denver, Colorado
Rose Medical Center, a HealthOne hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Rose has also been recognized for the tenth time as of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve costs and quality of healthcare. Rose has been named top performer on “Key Quality Measures” by the Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attacks, pneumonia , and surgery. Rose received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017, in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes as well as receiving Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two years straight. In addition Rose has earned straight A’s from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has also been named as the “Top Baby Hospital in Denver” by 5280 Magazine, “Best Birthing Center” by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the “Top 8 Places to Give Birth in the Nation” by Fit Pregnancy Magazine and Rose has more ‘Top Doctors” as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area. Rose was also named as a “Top 100 Workplace” in 2015.
Position Summary:Conducts calorie counts, nutrition screening and nutrition assessments in TCU, Rehab and other units as assigned. Provides nutrition education to patients and assists in the development of individual care plans. All services provided within scope of practice of dietetic technicians as defined by the American Dietetic Association. Provides clinical dietetic care by collecting and correcting menus and obtaining food tolerances and preferences. Conducts audits of diet assistants as needed.
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration:Prefer current registration through the Commission of Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Education:ADA approved or accredited Dietetic Technician program required.
- Experience:One year dietetic patient care experience and two years food service related work experience preferred.
- Skills and Abilities:*Successful completion of ADA Registration Exam for Dietetic Technicians. Strong customer service skills. Computer skills preferred.
- Degree of Supervision Required:Minimum. Works independently. If not a registered Diet Technician, all assessments are co-signed by a Registered Dietitian.
- Orientation Period:90 days. May be modified at the discretion of the manager.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Dietary Technician
Location: Colorado-Denver-Rose Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03216-72761