Hologic Cytology Applications Specialist 1 - Denver, Phoenix, UT, Southern CA in Denver, Colorado
Cytology Applications Specialist 1 - Denver, Phoenix, UT, Southern CA
Post Date 1 day ago
Our PURPOSE—to enable healthier lives everywhere, every day—is driven by a PASSION to become global champions for women’s health. We succeed by fulfilling our PROMISE to bring The Science of Sure ® to life through product quality, clinical differentiation, customer relationships and our team’s talent and engagement.
Our Purpose is simple: to enable healthier lives everywhere, every day. Toward this end, we offer clinically proven products designed to detect, diagnose and treat disease and other health conditions that primarily affect women—earlier and more accurately than ever to provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind. This focus has fueled our long track record of innovative medical breakthroughs across many therapeutic areas—breast health, cervical health, body composition, gynecologic health, perinatal health, skeletal health and sexual health—touching the lives of more than 230 million women around the world every year. In fact, as global champions for women’s health, no company in the world has done more to fight cervical and breast cancer than Hologic—and we will continue to challenge ourselves to ensure that future generations of women have access to our life-saving innovations.
Of course, none of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our collective expertise and dedication to develop and market robust, science-based certainty sustain a pipeline of exceptional solutions that respond to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities. And when we fulfill our purpose and promise to the world, we also fulfill another goal: a business that generates sustainable global financial growth from which success and prosperity for our company, employees and investors naturally follow.
The Cytology Applications Specialist I is responsible for utilizing their cytologic expertise in gyn
and non-gyn cytology to organize and provide training on the use of Hologic Cytology products
and ThinPrep morphology for internal and external customers. The Cytology Applications
Specialist I provides the highest standard of quality service by delivering excellent product
knowledge and education, while providing consistent support as the technical experts in their field.
The Cytology Applications Specialist I can work successfully under supervision and travel to
represent Hologic in the industry and marketplace. This individual can work with management to
exercise discretion and judgment in his or her evaluation, assessment and training of each
individual customer as needs dictate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may beasked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the belowmentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
· Understand operation of the cytology laboratory
· Maintain TPPT and TP Non-Gyn screening and interpretive skills as well as remain proficiency at specimen processing protocols to meet department standards
· Maintain strong clinical knowledge of Hologic Diagnostic Division products for Cervical Cancer Screening portfolio.
· Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of all ThinPrep Processors
· Knowledge of clinical data and benefits of ThinPrep Pap Test and related products
· Conducts customer training and review sessions for cytology personnel on the operation and maintenance of the ThinPrep products and specimen processing
· Conducts morphology customer training and certification as the educational trainers for ThinPrep Pap Test, ThinPrep Non gyn and ThinPrep portfolio of products.
· Support Hologic sponsored workshops and assist in developing workshops for Hologic product line and support marketing efforts for existing products and product launch.
· Support sales of TPPT, TPPT and Imaging in physician offices through co-travels with Diagnostics Sales Specialist.
· Support sales and implementation of ThinPrep Products.
· Work with Technical Service and Cytology Support to develop strategies to successfully resolve customer issues in a timely fashion
· Complete Digital Cytology cases in a timely manner to support product development, further expansion of Digital Cytology Education Website and to hone morphologic skills to be the experts in Digital cytology space. Assist in Sales presentations and demonstrations as needed to support product launch.
· Provide support for internal Digital Cytology studies to support product research and design and as needed/requested. Support in house customer training for Digital Cytology and other customer product trainings at our corporate facilities.
Physical Demands (Please check allapplicable boxes)
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· ☒Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
· ☒Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
· ☒Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
· ☒Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
· ☒Exposure to blood.
· ☒Other (please specify):
o Travel to customer locations by automobile and/or airplane (may include occasional evening/weekend travel and extended periods of time).
o Ability to travel, sometimes with little notice, domestically or internationally.
o Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds when setting up equipment.
o Continuous use of the computer, using the keyboard and mouse, as well as the ability to use the computer simultaneously while on the telephone.
o Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
o Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, respirator, etc.) and follow safety guidelines while in the lab, etc.
• Must be able to work independently, with moderate supervision, and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
• Must be able to multi-task and make independent decisions while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities.
• Demonstrates a professional demeanor appropriate for the health care industry.
• Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record to the Company, as well as a serviceable vehicle available for work.
• Valid Passport as applicable.
• Ability to stay current in technical knowledge to troubleshoot technical questions from customers and provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
• Strong attention to details and ability to bring customer situations to satisfactory completion in a timely manner.
• Working knowledge of anatomical pathology and cytology laboratory practices.
• Strong and effective teaching and presentation skills.
• Ability to organize, present and convey moderate and diverse problems or issues within and across functions.
Education, Skills, and Experience Guidelines: ;
CT (ASCP) certification mandatory, Bachelor’s degreepreferred; Minimum of 3 years related experience or 1-yearexperience with a master’s degree in gyn and non-gyn cytology
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Presentation and organizational skills.
Strong customer service and support skills
Since this position requires you to drive extensively during the work day, a valid driving license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company, as well as a serviceable vehicle available for work use is mandatory.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Mustfollow all applicable FDA regulations and ISO requirements.
Hologic is an equal opportunityemployer inclusive of female, minority, disabled and veterans, (F/M/D/V)