HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Controller in Denver, Colorado
_Controller_ _Rose Medical Center_ * * We are seeking a_Controller _for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! * * We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. * * * *Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
* An acute care hospital with 422 licensed beds, Rose Medical Center has been a proud member of the community since 1945. Each year Rose cares for more than 160,000 patients annually with a team of 1,300 dedicated employees, 100 volunteers and more than 1,200 physicians.*
* Awards & Honors* * Rose Medical Center, a HealthONE hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence.*
* Rose also received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017 in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes, as well as being recognized for the tenth time as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. Rose has earned Straight As from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has been named a "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures" by The Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, pneumonia and surgery.*
* Rose has also been named as the "Top Baby Hospital in Denver" by 5280 Magazine, "Best Birthing Center" by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the “Top 8 Places To Give Birth in the Nation” by Fit Pregnancy magazine, and Rose has more "Top Doctors" as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area.
* Direct overall administrative and technical operations of the Finance Department. Develop, execute and oversee all phases of Finance, including the monthly financial statement close process, Third Party accounting and reimbursement analysis (including logging systems and reconciliation), monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, annual budget, annual cost report package, statistical gathering and reporting, financial computer systems balancing/maintenance troubleshooting, accounts payable processing, year end 1099 process, productivity/labor utilization reporting, cashiering functions, Charge Description Master issues and maintenance, annual financial audits (internal and external), Decision Support analyses, and primary resource to department directors for financial issues. Also responsible for the month end accounting, financial statements, balance sheet, budget and analysis and questions regarding System Support and Division. Other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent required.
Five (5) years healthcare accounting experience, three (3) years supervisory experience
- Must have effective verbal and written communication in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner with staff, department directors and managers, public, and administration.
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer systems and spreadsheets.
- Must possess strong supervisory and coordination/organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and a strong technical resource.
- Must have strong analytical skills to interpret and analyze a wide range of data.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to manage all aspects of the department’s and hospitals finances under his/her auspices to include, but not limited to, budget preparation, productivity reporting, CDM maintenance, decision support maintenance, and employee supervision.
- Must possess knowledge about managed care and other third party contractual arrangements and the ability to analyze such arrangements, including reimbursement and revenue enhancement.
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
Location: Colorado-Denver-Rose Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03216-92445