POWDR Summer Woodward Copper Camp Nurse in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Woodward Copper Camp Nurse
Job Status: Seasonal
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Proposed hiring range of $12.50-$13.04; nurses receive one free week of Woodward Camp for their child during the week that they are nursing for Camp.
- Benefits: This is a seasonal position eligible for season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
The Woodward Copper Camp Nurse will be responsible for providing medical coverage to Woodward Copper campers and staff members. He/she will have responsibilities including medical paperwork, medical rescues, dispensing medication, and caretaking for those individuals needing to spend periods of time in the camp infirmary.
This individual will work in conjunction with the camp Athletic Trainers to provide medical injury coverage to Woodward Copper. He/she will be expected to assist as needed in emergency situations which may include removal of injured individuals from camp features; e.g., foam pit, trampoline, mountain obstacle. He/she will also be responsible for completing medical paperwork necessary for maintaining camp records (medication logs, triage logs, camper progress logs, etc.), especially in cases where an individual is seen by off-campus medical personnel (i.e., hospital).
This individual will be responsible for storing and dispensing medication to campers and staff as directed by medical forms. This individual will also be responsible for documenting each visit to the infirmary and maintaining permanent records as required by law.
He/she will be responsible for monitoring sick and/or injured campers and staff that necessitate staying in the infirmary for observation. He/she is expected to provide a quiet, professional, caring environment for those in medical need.
He / she will communicate campers' medical needs to appropriate staff so arrangements can be made to alter training and/or recreation as needed. He/she is expected to assist campers in resuming activity as quickly and safely as possible.
Schedule: Nurses work one week of Camp then in exchange their child gets to come free that week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and maintain health records on all camp staff, campers
- Complete and store triage, medication, and progress note logs
- Monitor health of staff
- Monitor and evaluate camp procedures, conditions and facilities, and suggest improvements to promote more healthful conditions
- Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies, place orders or purchase replacements, including first aid kits in all activity areas of the camp
- Provide "clinic" hours for camp participants to check in for medications, health issues or other issues the nurse can assist with.
- Provide assistance to camp participants who are sick or sad during their stay. This may require staying in the clinic with the participant until they are feeling better.
- Establish and maintain appropriate routines including record keeping, accident/incident reports, managing and safeguarding medications, proper disposal of medical waste, utilizing approved standing orders, and routine inspections of camp areas
- Make necessary appointments with community health care professionals
- Lead staff training pertaining to camp health and safety, and universal precautions for infection control, specifically Blood borne Pathogen training
- Identify a staff person to deputize to assist; and provide training for deputy health staff.
- Participate in staff training.
- Prepare a summary and evaluation of the camp season with suggestions for improvement, including inventories and camper reports of health issues
- At the end of each camp week, make sure the nurse facilities are cleaned, equipment is inventoried and stored. Complete other duties as assigned to close camp
- Learn and follow through with safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Follow camp rules pertaining to the use of alcoholic beverages, smoking, and use of drugs
- Submit all required paperwork on time
- Must be available for overnight on call camper medical needs 6 nights/week.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Concentrated reading and writing
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat and sun exposure
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- 3 years' nursing experience as a registered nurse (RN).
- Must have CPR and First Aid.
- Ski area work experience a plus
- Must have experience working with children
- Summer Camp experience a plus
- Should have experience with Camper aged groups, as well as older groups and adults
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled