AspenPointe Psychiatrist in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1390BRLocation:Ruskin Job Description:JOB SUMMARY: Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide clinical services; assumes client care responsibilities inclusive of psychiatric evaluation, professional diagnose and prescribing and/or administering treatment; applies medical knowledge and skills to the process of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses: provides psychiatric evaluation and diagnostic assessment offering psychotropic treatment options and input to treatment plan as a part of a multi-disciplinary team of case managers, therapists, nurses and program managers. Performs, analyzes and documents findings for mental health and substance abuse assessments and interventions as appropriate for specialty training and population served. Other duties include consultation regarding diagnosis and treatment to other agency staff or to community partners including emergency room and local MDs, and participation in authorization of medical necessity and other utilization management duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
• Licensed Psychiatrist ( MD/DO) in good standing and with no restrictions in the state of Colorado.
• Active DEA license.
• Specialty Certification or training in areas of: Child, Adult or Geriatric Psychiatry, Substance Abuse, Forensics, Emergency Psychiatry, Alternative & Complimentary Medicine, Women’s Health, or Integrated Care.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge and competency in the psychiatric assessment and treatment of populations served
• Must have sufficient language skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing to accurately and professionally implement and document the services provided to patients/clients.
• Must possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of client information using electronic record.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Knowledge of theoretical and pharmacologic issues related to clinical treatment of common psychiatric disorders
• Experience in Community Mental Health, Recovery Models of Care, Resilience Theory.
AspenPointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.Additional Information:•\tEmbodies a commitment to:
o\tPassion: a commitment to being present in the moment to create excitement and allow individuals to utilize their passion in daily functions. Help individuals connect their daily responsibilities with AspenPointe’s larger mission
\tHumility: Level setting with all parties and advocates for all voices within AspenPointe
\tCorporate Citizenship: continued commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of our workforce and their families, as well as of the local community and society at large.
\tValue in diversity: ability to recognize the value in differing perspectives, culture, etc., and leveraging those diverse components to develop experiences aligned with our internal and external communities
o\tInnovation: thinking differently than the status quo to explore opportunities that provide a competitive advantage.
\tFUN: Contribute to, and be part of, an environment where individuals feel joy, comfort and connected to the organization’s larger initiatives, while simultaneously experiencing a sense of cultural acceptance and belonging
\tIntegration: cross functional implementation of theory, principles, and best practices from across the behavioral health industry in order to improve execution of strategies and deliver high quality experiences
o\tExcellence: unwavering commitment to work that reflects the standard our colleagues and persons expect and deserve.
\tTransparency: communication, steward of resources, and the mistakes one makes (Fail/Fail Fast/Fail Fast Forward), while giving credit where it is due.
\tSafety: speaks to interconnectedness of all facets (departments and personnel) of the organization
Auto req ID:1390BRPositions Remaining:1Posting Title:Psychiatrist - Outpatient Full-Life SpanWork Schedule:Traditional HoursState:Colorado : CO City:Colorado Springs Days of the week:Mon - FriHours per Week:40Address:220 Ruskin Dr.