AspenPointe Nurse, RN in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1018BRLocation:Lighthouse Job Description:The Acute RN is a member of an inter-disciplinary treatment team in an 24-hour, acute care stabilization unit that provides clinical care based on medical/mental health treatment within the scope of the Licensed Practical Nurses’ or Registered Nurses’ protocol, under the order of a psychiatrist. The RN assists in management of psychiatric crises; prepares written orders from the physician, then faxes or sends orders to a pharmacy and responds to calls from consumers and pharmacies regarding medications; maintains medication admistration records and medication cabinet, to include organizing and storing consumer medications; delivers medications to consumers; gives injections of dept. medications under physician's orders; works collaberatively with emergency rooms to evaluate admission and transfer needs; effectively works with referral sources and other community providers to meet the needs of clients; provides consumers and families with education on psychotropic medications, related health conditions and monitors medication compliance; supports and provides quality client care through effective assessment, individual and supportive therapies; demonstrates the ability to analyze and document findings for medical and medication management; performs mental health and substance abuse assessments and collaborates with other team members to conduct comprehensive consumer assessments and to develop treatment plans.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
• RN Licensure in good standing and with no restrictions in the state of Colorado.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Must have sufficient language skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing to accurately and professionally implement and document the services provided to clients.
• Possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of client information, using electronic record.
• Experience working therapeutically with specified population.
• Experience using various treatment modalities appropriate for specified population, utilizing strength-based therapeutic approaches.
• Experience working in a team environment.
AspenPointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.Auto req ID:1018BRPositions Remaining:1Posting Title:RN, InpatientWork Schedule:Rotating 12 hour shiftsState:Colorado : CO City:Colorado Springs Days of the week:VariousHours per Week:36+Address:115 Parkside Drive