AspenPointe Nurse, Inpatient (ATU) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1437BRLocation:Lighthouse Job Description:Job Summary:
Essential member of an interdisciplinary treatment team. Provides quality medical and mental health nursing care to individuals in an inpatient setting, to include but not limited to: initial and shift nursing assessments, medication administration and management, medical triage, treatment planning, group support, phlebotomy, waived laboratory testing, and patient/family education. Collaborates with crisis services, emergency rooms, outpatient clinics, walk-in center and other external entities in support of both medical and mental health decision making. Provides care coordination through rounding, external provider communications, and discharge planning . Assures all documentation for care is accurate and completed before end of shift. Operates strictly within the scope of the Nurses’ Practice Act and in accordance with professional nursing ethics and state and city regulatory guidelines.
• Conducts initial admission assessments and documents within EMR.
• Performs nursing assessments and/or mental and substance use assessments with consideration to the standard of care for client’s age and clinical condition, every shift and documents, minimal requirements within the shift note.
• Communicates critical information and differentiating conditions/symptoms to the treatment team and provides appropriate follow-up clinical interventions in order to stabilize and treat the client.
• Reviews client information medically, prior to acceptance to the unit to assure no medical concerns are present that would make client inappropriate for ATU level of care. Staffs with nurse at requesting facility, crisis, provider, and receives admission orders when appropriate.
• Assures laboratory orders are completed and orders are reviewed by provider.
• Provides direct client care to include but not limited to: vital signs (pain evaluation), oral and IM medication administration and evaluation of effectiveness, basic nursing and hygiene care support, EKG’s, lab specimen collection and processing, nebulizer treatments, oxygen monitoring, positive fetal heart tone assessments, withdrawl evaluations and First Aid as clinically indicated and/or ordered by prescriber. Assures documentation for all client care is acurate and complete before end of shift.
• Monitors and documents medication compliance as prescribed by medical provider.
• Evaluates and monitors dietary needs of the clients. Communicates specialized needs directly to the café.
• Conducts nursing groups to include but not limited to: self-care, medication pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, medication adherence, exercise, healthy living and additional topics based on client need.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to develop appropriate treatment plans.
• Supplies clients, caregivers, and families with education tailored to the clients learning style, education and/or reading level while displaying sensitivity to their health needs around the plan of care, to include psychotropic medications benefits, and side effects..
• Assists with medical and psychiatric emergencies throughout the building to include seclusions and restraints, Provides support through assessment, treatment, and assuring clients receive emergency services as needed. Assures appropriate documentation is completed before end of shift.
• Supports client care, optimizing client safety and risk reduction. Develops safety plans, follows safety check protocols as ordered, and collaborates with team to assure client and community safety.
• Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and clients. Uses accurate knowledge of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) in safely managing crisis situations with escalated clients and responds according to approved protocols for crisis situations and restraint/seclusion events.
• Actively engages in team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervisory sessions as required.
• Adheres to Universal Precautions per CDC guidelines and OSHA regulations, and HIPAA regulations per standards developed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
• Performs other various shift duties as assigned by management.
• Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure in good standing and with no restrictions in the state of Colorado or Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) with 5+ years mental health experience, inpatient preferred.
• Current CPR certification required.
• Profficient written and oral communication skills with the ability to accurately and professionally implement and document services provided to clients.
• Possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of client information, using electronic medical records.
• Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
• Experience working therapeutically with specified population, to include using various treatment modalities appropriate for specified population, utliziing strength-based therapeutic approaches.Experience working in a team environment.
• Embodies a commitment to:
a. Passion: a commitment to being present in the moment to create excitement and allow individuals to utilize their passion in daily functions. Help individuals connect their daily responsibilities with AspenPointe’s larger mission.
• Humility: Level setting with all parties and advocates for all voices within AspenPointe.
• Corporate Citizenship: continued commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of our workforce and their families, as well as of the local community and society at large.
• Value in diversity: ability to recognize the value in differing perspectives, culture, etc., and leveraging those diverse components to develop experiences aligned with our internal and external communities.
b. Innovation: thinking differently than the status quo to explore opportunities that provide a competitive advantage.
• FUN: Contribute to, and be part of, an environment where individuals feel joy, comfort and connected to the organization’s larger initiatives, while simultaneously experiencing a sense of cultural acceptance and belonging.
• Integration: cross functional implementation of theory, principles, and best practices from across the behavioral health industry in order to improve execution of strategies and deliver high quality experiences.
c. Excellence: unwavering commitment to work that reflects the standard our colleagues and persons expect and deserve.
• Transparency: communication, steward of resources, and the mistakes one makes (Fail/Fail Fast/Fail Fast Forward), while giving credit where it is due.
Safety: speaks to interconnectedness of all facets (departments and personnel) of the organization.
AspenPointe does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.Additional Information:Position: LPN
Hours: Part-time, 6am-630pm, days will varyAuto req ID:1437BRPositions Remaining:1Posting Title:Nurse, Inpatient (ATU)Work Schedule:6am-630pmState:Colorado : CO City:Colorado Springs Days of the week:VariedHours per Week:24Address:115 Parkside Drive