AspenPointe Mental Health Tech Manager in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1389BRLocation:Lighthouse Job Description:As an essential member of the Acute Treatment Unit (ATU), the Mental Health Tech Manager provides management and leadership to the Mental Health Technicians (MHT), Case Managers (CM), and the Utilization Management Coordinator (UC). Duties include but are not limited to: overseeing the interviewing and onboarding process for new ATU staff members; conducting competency evaluations; managing on-going training, coaching and mentoring; time keeping and scheduling; auditing; and compliance reviews. Monitors census and schedules; collaborates with ATU leadership to assure appropriate level of support is available. Partners with leadership on the review of incident reports, patient grievances, unit trainings, and workflow adjustments. Provides guidance on ATU goal setting which align with the organization’s strategic objectives. Guarantees the highest degree of quality care is maintained in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Understands and confirms compliance with accrediting agencies, to include required trainings and documentation. Serves as a patient advocate to ensure a positive experience is met for all client interactions.
• Provides management and leadership to the Mental Health Technicians, Case Managers and Utilization Management Coordinator.
• Managers case management and utilization management activities, to include legal status, correct authorization and discharge planning.
• Collaborates with leadership in the development and implementation of new trainings, workflows, and processes.
• Responsible for the interviewing of MHT, CM, and UC. Assists in the onboarding process of other ATU staff members and assures completion of new hire training within thirty (30) days of hire.
• Develops and manages employee schedules.
• Provides feedback and coaching on employee performance; conducts evaluations as outlined by the organization.
• Completes annual competencies for MHT, CM and UC.
• Establishes MHT goals that align with the strategic goals of the company.
• Performs peer review on MHT, CM and UC documentation.
• Trained in nonviolent crisis intervention training (CPI). Assures ATU staff are up to date with required trainings. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and clients. Uses trained skills of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) in safely managing crisis situations with escalated clients and responds according to approved protocols for crisis situations and restraint/seclusion events.
• Ensures unit compliance.
• Partners with the Inpatient Psychiatric Nurse Manager in monitoring monthly budget.
• Is present on every shift monthly to provide supervision for staff.
• Ensures staff utilize appropriate PPE for tasks and practices infection control in cleaning client areas.
• Understands regulations from all accrediting bodies.
• Fosters an environment of teamwork within the unit, the LAS system and with community partners.
• Provides back-up coverage for MHT, CM and UC as needed
The environment at Aspen Pointe is fluid and roles and responsibilities may be altered to accommodate changing business conditions and objectives. Employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside of the specific work that is listed. This position may require you to work standard hours, as well as flexible hours before and after standard hours, and overtime in excess of 40 hours in a work week.
AspenPointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field, required
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in an acute care setting or Community/Inpatient Behavioral Health, preferred.
• Two (2) or more years’ experience managing/supervising people, strongly preferred.
• Proficient written and oral communication skills with the ability to accurately and professionally implement and document services provided to clients.
• Possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of client information, using electronic medical records.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Experience and knowledge of managed-care principles, best clinical/nursing practices, business and leadership theory and models, critical thinking and team building.
• Embodies a commitment to:
a. Passion: a commitment to being present in the moment to create excitement and allow individuals to utilize their passion in daily functions. Help individuals connect their daily responsibilities with AspenPointe’s larger mission.
• Humility: Level setting with all parties and advocates for all voices within AspenPointe.
• Corporate Citizenship: continued commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of our workforce and their families, as well as of the local community and society at large.
• Value in diversity: ability to recognize the value in differing perspectives, culture, etc., and leveraging those diverse components to develop experiences aligned with our internal and external communities.
b. Innovation: thinking differently than the status quo to explore opportunities that provide a competitive advantage.
• FUN: Contribute to, and be part of, an environment where individuals feel joy, comfort and connected to the organization’s larger initiatives, while simultaneously experiencing a sense of cultural acceptance and belonging.
• Integration: cross functional implementation of theory, principles, and best practices from across the behavioral health industry in order to improve execution of strategies and deliver high quality experiences.
c. Excellence: unwavering commitment to work that reflects the standard our colleagues and persons expect and deserve.
• Transparency: communication, steward of resources, and the mistakes one makes (Fail/Fail Fast/Fail Fast Forward), while giving credit where it is due.
• Safety: speaks to interconnectedness of all facets (departments and personnel) of the organization.Auto req ID:1389BRPositions Remaining:1Posting Title:Mental Health Tech ManagerWork Schedule:8-5State:Colorado : CO City:Colorado Springs Days of the week:M-SunHours per Week:40Address:115 Parkside Drive