AspenPointe Clinician IV (Licensed)-Crisis Mobile in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1432BRLocation:Lighthouse Job Description:As part of AspenPointe’s Crisis Services programming, the Crisis Mobile Clinician serves individuals who require emergency behavioral health crisis intervention. Placement is on a fast-paced team that is dedicated to providing quality care and assessments to individuals and/or families who are in need of crisis intervention.
As an essential member of an interdisciplinary team, the Crisis Mobile Clinician works with individuals and their families to perform emergency crisis mental health assessments of clients whose lives are disrupted or complicated by mental illness, behavior disturbances, substance abuse issues, acute suicidality, homicidally, or the inability to function or maintain in the community due to mental illness. Conducts crisis evaluations, as requested by individuals in the community or as dispatched by the statewide Crisis hotline, to determine client disposition. Services include but are not limited to: comprehensive assessment of social, emotional, and psychiatric history/ diagnosis, treatment and safety planning, level of care assignment, connection with necessary resources, and admission to appropriate inpatient facilities, as warranted. Actively engages with crisis hotlines, schools, community partners, first responders and hospital emergency departments.
As a Licensed Clinician this role operates more independently and with greater autonomy. May still consult with leadership and subject matter experts but can sign off on client documentation using their own credentials.
• Provides comprehensive telehealth and in-person crisis assessments, de-escalation, triage and intervention at various locations, both within the organization and the community. Assesses client’s behavioral status and provides evidence-based intervention strategies.
• Performs risk assessment and intervention to maintain client at lowest level of care.
• Develops a strength-based plan of crisis care for client, to include the ability to initiate an involuntary hold.
• Creates an inclusive, collaborative safety plan with client when appropriate, to include counseling on access to lethal means.
• Coordinates with various medical providers, family supports and additional service providers to determine client disposition, including collateral contact.
• Supplies client, family members and/or caregivers with appropriate community and/or organization resources.
• Accurately documents all patient contacts and other pertinent clinical information in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) prior to end of every shift.
• Serves as a crisis consultation with other AspenPointe providers as appropriate.
• Actively engages in team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervisory sessions as required. Completes annual compliance and other applicable trainings within required time frame.
• Licensed Clinician (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, Licensed Psychologist) in good standing in the state of Colorado.
• 2+ years’ experience in a behavioral health setting, preferred
• Profficient written and oral communication skills with the ability to accurately and professionally implement and document services provided to clients.
• Possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of client information, using electronic medical records.
• Able to perform and understand active listening, ethical conduct, social perception, service orientation, complex problem solving, writing, monitoring, judgment and decision-making skills
• Experience working therapeutically with specified population, to include using various treatment modalities appropriate for specified population, utliziing strength-based therapeutic approaches.Experience working in a team environment.
• Embodies a commitment to:
a. Passion: a commitment to being present in the moment to create excitement and allow individuals to utilize their passion in daily functions. Help individuals connect their daily responsibilities with AspenPointe’s larger mission.
• Humility: Level setting with all parties and advocates for all voices within AspenPointe.
• Corporate Citizenship: continued commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of our workforce and their families, as well as of the local community and society at large.
• Value in diversity: ability to recognize the value in differing perspectives, culture, etc., and leveraging those diverse components to develop experiences aligned with our internal and external communities.
b. Innovation: thinking differently than the status quo to explore opportunities that provide a competitive advantage.
• FUN: Contribute to, and be part of, an environment where individuals feel joy, comfort and connected to the organization’s larger initiatives, while simultaneously experiencing a sense of cultural acceptance and belonging.
• Integration: cross functional implementation of theory, principles, and best practices from across the behavioral health industry in order to improve execution of strategies and deliver high quality experiences.
c. Excellence: unwavering commitment to work that reflects the standard our colleagues and persons expect and deserve.
• Transparency: communication, steward of resources, and the mistakes one makes (Fail/Fail Fast/Fail Fast Forward), while giving credit where it is due.
• Safety: speaks to interconnectedness of all facets (departments and personnel) of the organization.
AspenPointe does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.Additional Information:*SIGN ON BONUS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLEAuto req ID:1432BRPositions Remaining:1Posting Title:Clinician IV (Licensed)-Crisis MobileWork Schedule:1pm- 11pmState:Colorado : CO City:Colorado Springs Days of the week:Sunday- WednesdayHours per Week:40Address:115 Parkside Drive