Boulder Community Hospital Patient Care Associate, CNA - Certified Nurse Assistant in Boulder, Colorado
Halftime - 24 hours a week - Days
Monday - Friday (No Weekends)
Starting rate of $13.50 per hour, additional consideration based on years of experience.
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
3E Med/Surg at BCH is a team of dynamic nurses and aides with varying back grounds in nursing and medicine and with a drive for excellent patient care and team work. Our department has 27 beds and we specialize in respiratory, infectious disease, endocrinology, diabetes, wounds, gastroenterology, med/surg tele and surgeries of all kinds. We also take overflow from all areas and have opportunity to develop a varied skill set. POSITION SUMMARY
Performs duties and tasks that assist the caregivers and promote effective departmental functioning. Direct patient care functions are under the direction of the RN.
Education or Formal Training
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
Effective 4/1/15 CNA certification or equivalent certification is required. Equivalent certifications include: EMT, MA, Military Medic or completion of 1st year of nursing core classes (not prerequisites for nursing school). PCAs hired prior to 4/1/15 will be grandfathered in and will not be required to complete CNA certification.
BLS Certification required within conditional period.
Hospital or other health care experience preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication and Accountability Patient Care 1. Answers patient call lights and performs appropriate follow-up. 2. Performs a.m. care (p.m. care as indicated). 3. Assists staff with positioning and patient mobility. 4. Independently ambulate patients. 5. Empties foley catheters, urinals, bedpans, commodes, urine hats and drains. Record I&O as indicated. – Other duties as assigned.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Physical working environment may include, but not limited to, any of the following hazards: chemical, electrical, mechanical, biowaste, explosive, radiation, etc.
- Environmental conditions may include, but not limited to, variations in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
- The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
- Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace