Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Optical Technician - II (665403) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technician II - Optical
We are seeking an optical technician, with optical laboratory and optical system assembly experience, to work with optics that will be integrated into complex space based optical sensors for NASA and DoD markets. Space based optical system experience is preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Make measurements and analyze data using basic math skills.
- Produce data packages and reports using Microsoft Office tools.
- Build custom optical measurement setups.
- Perform optical alignment of complex optical sensors
- Operate commercial and custom optical instrumentation
- Integrate optical components into higher level assemblies
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, programs, and business units. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma and 4 years’ experience, or a two-year technical degree with 2 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of optical technology, hands-on experience in optical component integration and characterization, and a mechanical aptitude for working with delicate opto-mechanical hardware.
- Experience working in cleanroom environments
- Optical lab, optical assembly, optical test setup, and optical alignment experience.
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to run technical software programs.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work with many different disciplines with a strong emphasis on collaboration.
- Ability to perform delicate optical assembly and bonding work.
- Electronic aptitude is desirable.
- Current Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with a current favorable single scope background investigation is desired but not required. The ability to obtain such a clearance is required
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Optical Technician - II (665403)
Job ID: 665403
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time