UCHealth RN Traveler - UCH - Medicine Specialties in Aurora, Colorado
· ResourceOffice- Medicine Specialties - RN Traveler Contract - 13 weeks with option to extend
· 72hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
· Shift-D/N Rotation
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
RN Traveler contract - 13 weeks with extension opportunities
75 mile radius rule
At UCHealth, we do thingsdifferently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job- It's a passion.
Summary - Travel RN – Medicine Specialties – University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO
Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
46 bed Medicine/COVID/Long Length of Stay unit. Fast paced, admissions from the ED, Step Down, ICUs and OP clinics. We staff 1:3-5 days (COVID dependent) and 1:3-6 on nights. WE are quality focused and a strong emphasis on our Amazing Team work!!
• Achievement of specialty certification: Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) and Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN).
• Our shared governance structure with unit-based committees offers opportunities to share talents and professional growth.
• Our UEXCEL program provides opportunities for clinical advancement that permits registered nurse career progression, while encouraging the nurse to remain in a clinical position delivering direct patient care.
The typical nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:4 (days) and 1:5 (nights).
Travel RN - Medicine Specialties
As a UCHealth RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT be a current employee, and you must live more than 75 miles away fromthe facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth RN Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel nursing.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Graduateof an accredited Registered Nurse Program if less than three (3) years'experience.
6months nursing experience (in an inpatient acute hospital setting)
Statelicensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) and any relevant unit specificcertification requirement.
BLSthrough the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR forthe Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good throughsixty days of hire. All lifesupport certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Associationor the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American RedCross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewalswill need to be through an American Heart Association sanctionedcourse.)
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
· Experience in a teaching/academic hospital
· Two years travel RN experience
Due to Point of Care Testing dutiesassociated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education(diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiringmanager. If this is available to you atthis time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.