HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Director of Acute Care in Aurora, Colorado
_RN Director of Acute Care_ _The Medical Center of Aurora_
We are seeking a _RN Director of Acute Care_ for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! * * * We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.* * * The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora has received seven consecutive ‘A’ grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2016 - Spring 2019), was Colorado’s only hospital to receive the Leapfrog Top General Hospital designation two years in a row (2016, 2017), was recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015, 2017-2018, 2018-2019), and was named to Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical care to meet the needs of the whole person. The Director of Acute Care is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing all functions of the neurosciences, orthopedics, and the oncology department.
The Director of Acute Care will promote, advocate and support the commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. It is expected that the Director will effectively operate the service line through the following functions.
- Integrate services into the organization’s overall plan for delivery of care and service and coordinate/integrate services with each hospital’s primary function.
- Work with senior leadership, department directors, unit managers and program coordinators across facilities to streamline processes, develop best evidence-based clinical protocols and facilitate Neuroscience, Orthopedics, and Oncology patient care.
- Update current Neuroscience, Orthopedic, and Oncology plans and coordinate the implementation of the plan for each facility.
- Identify cost-effective systems needed to support the services taking into account business trends, resource availability and changes in customers.
- Establish effective working relationships with all constituencies, including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers, vendors and referring facilities.
- Develop and manage referral networks for the provision of services.
- Evaluate opportunities to implement new technology or services to differentiate and drive service line volume.
- Assist in physician recruitment to support service line development.
- Facilitate business relationships with physicians on campus and from referring hospitals.
- Develop and implement policies/procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Coordinate service line development throughout the continuum of care, placing patient safety as the primary goal.
- Recommend a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of the service line.
- Determine the qualifications and competence of personnel.
- Implement and maintain quality control and clinical outcomes programs (ie. Stroke designation).
- Coordinate physician and community educational programs.
- Assist with marketing efforts for the service line.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with EMS providers.
- Recommend space and other resources needed in the provision of services.
The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
*If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today! *
• Masters degree in either nursing, business administration, healthcare administration or comparable field of study preferred • 5 years healthcare experience preferred in physician relations or operations • Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: RN Director of Acute Care
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-90191