HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician in Aurora, Colorado
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At The Medical Center of Aurora, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Pharmacy Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Pharmacy Technician with us:
- You will fill automated dispensing systems
- You will package unit dose medications
- You will prepares non-sterile compounding medications
- You will enter and fill unit and physician orders
- You will produce labels and prepare IV admixtures (including chemotherapy)
- You will charge and reconcile billing documents
- You will audit supplies in nursing units
- You will prepare medications
- You will enter medication orders in computer
- You will provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- You will stock and distribute pharmacy supplies when needed
- You will be responsible for ordering, control, dispensing, preparation, delivering, filing documents, reconciliation, and destroying controlled substances within the facility when needed
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT or national equivalent) with Colorado Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Pharmacy Technician certificate, or Colorado Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Provisional Pharmacy Technician Certificate. If initially hired with a Colorado Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Provisional Pharmacy Technician Certificate, must achieve Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT or national equivalent) within 12 months of hire date
- High school diploma
- Previous Pharmacy Technician experience preferred
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora was named to Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recruiter: Tami Hewitt-Email:Tamera.Hewitt@HCAHealthcare.com-Text/Call:303-229-0607
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-92779