HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist PRN/ Psych Discharge Planning in Aurora, Colorado
The Medical Center of Aurora ("TMCA") serves Aurora, Colorado and the eastern Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Area (metro area) with three separate campuses providing a wide range of health care services. It was founded in 1974; it now employs more than 1,200 people and is part of HealthONE, the largest health care system in the metro area. Currently, there are more than 450 doctors on staff and 346 beds.
Essential Functions: * Provides therapeutic groups and activities consistent with the posted schedule.
Incorporates seasonal aspects to programming.
Provide support and or participation for after hour activities especially on weekends.
Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
Participates in treatment team meetings and progress reviews, and identifies with each patient and the treatment team discipline specific interventions that will support the patient’s recovery.
Conducts individual OT and activity assessments specific to the behavioral health needs of each patient within designated time frames.
Document patient progress with therapeutic activities in patient’s medical record.
Collaborates with the Director to identify equipment and supplies needed for the program.
Maintains appropriate equipment and supplies safe for use and in working order.
Attends required training and continuing education
Completes all competency requirements as evidenced by completion forms, these will be completed annually or per hospital requirements.
Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
* National certification by the NBOTC, * Colorado OT license * American Heart Association BLS certification required.
* CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30 days of hire. Education:
* Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university. Experience:
* At least 2 years clinical experience in therapeutic activities in a psychiatric setting preferred. Special Qualifications:
* Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the practice of CBT and DBT therapy. * Is able to plan and provide for delivery of therapies. * Works independently to effectively problem solve issues with staff and develop a workable solution.
* Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. * Must have a willingness to participate in guidance and counseling of personnel.
* Must have interpersonal skills to act as a mediator between patient care and administration. Proficiency in computer skills, critical thinking skills, and public speaking skills. * Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal regulations that impact areas of their responsibility.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist PRN/ Psych Discharge Planning
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-72868