UCHealth Medical Laboratory Scientist-Molecular Diagnostics in Aurora, Colorado
$5,000.00 sign-on bonus (2-year commitment)
Performs laboratory testing in the Molecular Diagnostics section of the University of Colorado Hospital Laboratory.
FTE Status: Full Time
Shift: Various available, primarily evening and night shift including weekends and holidays
• Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents, and reports test results.
• Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Complies with good laboratory practice and regulatory requirements.
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to successfully work in a fast-paced environment, and take appropriate action.
• Preferred: American Society for Clinical Pathology, Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Scientist
Other possible credentialing:
• Minimum required: Bachelor’s degree in related field and graduate of an accredited Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist program.
• Required Licensure/Certification: Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or categorical ASCP certification in a laboratory specialty/sub-specialty as applicable to job responsibilities. State licensure if required by law. Certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire. Relevant certification as determined at position level.
• Preferred: Experience in a clinical laboratory performing moderate and high complexity
molecular diagnostics testing. Specifically experience with Roche Cobas 6800, GeneXpert,
Hologic Panther, Thermofisher KingFisher and Quant Studios, and/or Biofire FilmArray
The Molecular Diagnostics section of the UCH Clinical Laboratory is a strong team with a long standing history of providing excellent infectious disease testing to our patients, the Colorado community, and the nation at large. We are currently providing COVID PCR testing in a very dynamic environment which has included cutting edge technologies not available at many other facilities. If you have the desire to make a difference…a substantial difference…apply today.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.