HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Cardiac Cath Lab in Aurora, Colorado
_RN Manager of Cardiac Cath Lab_ _The Medical Center of Aurora_
We are seeking an _RN Manager of Cardiac Cath Lab_ for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! * * We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. * * * Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.*
At The Medical Center of Aurora, patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. * * * Highlights About The Medical Center of Aurora* * ANCC-Magnet-Recog-PMS-white-behind-logo*
* Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence* * Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora South Campus)* * Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (South Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza)* * Named Colorado's ONLY 2016 Leapfrog Top General Hospital* * Recognized as the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals Report (2014-2015, 2017-2018)* * Received 'A' grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Spring 2017)* * Level II Trauma Center at our South Campus* * Level III NICU at our South Campus* * Received the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016, one of only nine hospitals in the country* * Saddle Rock ER received Press Ganey's 2016 Guardian of Excellence Award for Outstanding Performance in Patient Experience* * State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on South Campus* * Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer* * NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center* * Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation* * Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver's largest healthcare system*
* About The Medical Center of Aurora* * The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive two-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. The Medical Center of Aurora received ‘A’ grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Spring 2017), was named Colorado’s only 2016 Leapfrog Top General Hospital, was recognized as the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015, 2017-2018), and was one of only nine hospitals in the country to receive the Lantern Award for Excellence in Emergency Room Care by the Emergency Nurses Association (2013).*
Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for the routine daily management and direction of operations in the cath lab and Interventional Radiology.
- Able to explain all procedures to patients to help alleviate anxiety.
- Ability to work within and manage a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures.
- Good communication skills and ability to teach patients and staff.
- Ability to interact with physicians during routine procedures, during emergencies and to assist with interpretation of and recording of data collected.
- Must be willing to assume “on call” assignments and return to facility within 30 minutes for emergency cases.
- Ability to safely operate x-ray equipment.
- Must be willing to be exposed to reasonable doses of radiation.
- Must be willing to provide discretion and confidentiality in word and action.
Manages to communicate and handle diverse age variations. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to function in the Cath Lab RN role.
- Coordinates clinical staffing needs.
- Oversees ordering of all supplies necessary for the everyday operation of the cath lab.
- Meets with vendors to consider contracts, pricing, new technology, etc.
- Negotiates new contracts with product vendors.
- Supervises inventory control and par levels.
- Budget development review and feedback as required.
- Active participation in performance improvement.
- Maintains up-to-date logs for quality control monitors.
- Oversees JCAHO compliance of contracted services, i.e. laboratory, dietary, pharmacy, etc.
- Cross trained for Clinical Director’s responsibilities, should the need arise. * * If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
_Qualifications_ _ _ * BSN Required. Graduate from an accredited RN nursing program and documentation of 2 years of cardiac catheterization laboratory work experience. * Confirmation of the educational preparation, knowledge, and competence as evidenced by the achievement of professional credentials listed below. * Must demonstrate knowledge and competence in basic invasive cardiovascular technology, i.e. EKG, patient assessment and management of care, etc. * Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association Guidelines. * * We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of Cardiac Cath Lab
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-91835